Old Leake Medical Centre offers a medicines delivery service for patients for routine repeat prescriptions. The service is open to the following patient groups:
- Any housebound patient
- Patients aged 65 years and over
- Spouse of patient aged 65 years and over
- Patients in this group must ensure their delivery date is aligned with their husband/wife’s who is already signed up to the service.
The delivery service itself is free of charge. Patients who presently pay for their prescriptions will be required to pay the driver on delivery.
Patients must give the practice 5 working days to prepare their medication. We then aim to deliver medication on the next delivery day for that area.
Delivery days are as follows:
- Tuesday: Old Leake village (not Commonside), Wrangle and Friskney
- Thursday: Old Leake Commonside, Leverton, Benington, Butterwick, Freiston, Fishtoft, Sibsey, New Leake and Eastville.
Terms & Conditions of service
- The Surgery aims to deliver medicines to you initially on either a Tuesday or a Thursday between 9.30am and 6pm depending on where you live (excluding unforeseen circumstances or in dangerous driving conditions).
- Our delivery person will always carry identification. Should you wish to confirm the delivery person’s identity, please telephone the surgery on 01205 870666 and ask to speak to the Manager.
- We will deliver to your home, or other address of your choosing (if within the practice area). If you wish your medicines to be received by someone other than yourself, you must state their name to us when signing up to the service. The recipient must be able to provide proof of their identity.
- If we are asked to deliver your medicines to an address other than your home address, we may telephone you at home as a precaution to check these instructions.
- If no-one is at home when we attempt to deliver your medicines, our delivery person will leave a card inviting you to collect your medicines from the practice.
- Patients who pay for their prescriptions will be required to pay the delivery person in cash or by cheque (Name and address must be printed on the back of the cheque).
- Patients must give the practice 5 working days to prepare their medication. We then aim to deliver it on the next delivery day for that area (Occasionally items may be out of stock at our wholesalers).
- The practice reserves the right to withdraw the service to patients who abuse the service.
Place your repeat prescription requests either:
- In person at the surgery
- by completing your repeats slip and posting it in the box at reception
- In writing by post (address overleaf), marking your envelope ‘Prescriptions’
- By telephone direct to our prescription line: 01205 870666 between 11.00-18.30
- Via the automated telephone system: 01205 870666 24 hours per day